This is the post I wish I wrote. Melissa Bowers captures the plight of a teacher perfectly. There are many reasons to leave the profession, which many teachers, including me, have done. The only reason to stay is for our students. Remember that when you want to be overly critical of the public school teachers still fighting in the trenches–they stayed for your children.
Order Uncommon Core here
No upcoming events
- Follow Pauline Hawkins on WordPress.com
- May Discussion with Global Teacher Bloggers: What do teachers most want to tell parents?
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: March 2017
- Noam Chomsky on the Dangers of Standardized Testing
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: February 2017
- “Volunteering” by guest blogger Felicia Thomas
Meet 4 Teachers Whos… on My Resignation Letter J A Merkosky on My Resignation Letter Kristy on Animal Farm Lessons Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons Kristy on Animal Farm Lessons