Order Uncommon Core here
No upcoming events
- Follow Pauline Hawkins on WordPress.com
- July Discussion: If you were calling the shots how would you change ongoing professional development for teachers in your community?
- Dennis McCarthy on All In with Pauline Hawkins
- Choose to be Teachers and Students
- May Discussion with Global Teacher Bloggers: What do teachers most want to tell parents?
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: March 2017
Johanna M on Guest Blogger: The Sober … “Toxic Testing is Ta… on My Resignation Letter Ashlee Whittington on Animal Farm Lessons Felicia Thomas on “Volunteering” by… Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons
Category Archives: Letters I Need to Write
My daughter and son-in-law asked me to speak at their wedding. I was honored but also hesitant–what could I, of all people in their lives, say about marriage? The only thing I know without a doubt. With their permission, here’s … Continue reading
For their Critical Thinking final, my students had to write a letter to President-elect Trump or to their generation. CJ’s Letter to President-elect Trump is insightful and unbiased (in my biased opinion?). He eloquently expresses what is at the heart of … Continue reading
I know too many people who are not educators (and some who are) that are in favor of the choice movement in education. The biggest reason people want choice is to improve the education for their own children and then … Continue reading
Inside Out I know. This is a Wednesday, but when I started writing about Inside Out last Friday, I realized this movie was a post I needed to write about, not for writing practice, but to explore why it impacted … Continue reading
On August 24, 2015, I read Chapter 19: Teach Them How to Be Happy from Uncommon Core: 25 Ways to Help Your Child Succeed in a Cookie Cutter Educational System at Great Bay Community College in Portsmouth, NH. To purchase … Continue reading