In April of 2009 our world was changed when we found out our four-year-old son, Ian, had a brain tumor. My daughter Nicole and I documented our painful journey because that is how we both process pain in our lives–through writing. We also had family and friends around the world who wanted to be updated on Ian’s condition. I copied those updates to these pages for those interested in reading about the event in our lives that is marked with a thick vertical line; an event that changed our concept of time: BC (before Cancer) and AC (after Cancer).
Order Uncommon Core here
No upcoming events
- Follow Pauline Hawkins on WordPress.com
- May Discussion with Global Teacher Bloggers: What do teachers most want to tell parents?
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: March 2017
- Noam Chomsky on the Dangers of Standardized Testing
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: February 2017
- “Volunteering” by guest blogger Felicia Thomas
Meet 4 Teachers Whos… on My Resignation Letter J A Merkosky on My Resignation Letter Kristy on Animal Farm Lessons Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons Kristy on Animal Farm Lessons