Order Uncommon Core here
No upcoming events
- Follow Pauline Hawkins on WordPress.com
- July Discussion: If you were calling the shots how would you change ongoing professional development for teachers in your community?
- Dennis McCarthy on All In with Pauline Hawkins
- Choose to be Teachers and Students
- May Discussion with Global Teacher Bloggers: What do teachers most want to tell parents?
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: March 2017
Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons Erica on Animal Farm Lessons Meet 4 Teachers Whos… on My Resignation Letter J A Merkosky on My Resignation Letter
Tag Archives: Love
My daughter and son-in-law asked me to speak at their wedding. I was honored but also hesitant–what could I, of all people in their lives, say about marriage? The only thing I know without a doubt. With their permission, here’s … Continue reading
Prompt: Something you miss I miss high school—not my teenage years but the years I spent teaching high school English. A few weeks ago, I went to the local high school with my son to see his friends play a 10-minute … Continue reading
This week’s prompt: Ten interesting facts about yourself. I’m a first generation American, born from Macedonian immigrants. This fact, however, is not what makes it interesting. What is interesting is what I gleaned from my family and what I have tried … Continue reading
Writing Prompt: Your first love and first kiss; if separate, discuss both My first kiss: The sun was shining through the branches and leaves. His face was luminous and shadowy at the same time. Our faces were already close. The makeshift … Continue reading
Inside Out I know. This is a Wednesday, but when I started writing about Inside Out last Friday, I realized this movie was a post I needed to write about, not for writing practice, but to explore why it impacted … Continue reading