Order Uncommon Core here
No upcoming events
- Follow Pauline Hawkins on WordPress.com
- July Discussion: If you were calling the shots how would you change ongoing professional development for teachers in your community?
- Dennis McCarthy on All In with Pauline Hawkins
- Choose to be Teachers and Students
- May Discussion with Global Teacher Bloggers: What do teachers most want to tell parents?
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: March 2017
Ashlee Whittington on Animal Farm Lessons Felicia Thomas on “Volunteering” by… Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons Erica on Animal Farm Lessons
Tag Archives: Love
My daughter and son-in-law asked me to speak at their wedding. I was honored but also hesitant–what could I, of all people in their lives, say about marriage? The only thing I know without a doubt. With their permission, here’s … Continue reading
Prompt: Something you miss I miss high school—not my teenage years but the years I spent teaching high school English. A few weeks ago, I went to the local high school with my son to see his friends play a 10-minute … Continue reading
This week’s prompt: Ten interesting facts about yourself. I’m a first generation American, born from Macedonian immigrants. This fact, however, is not what makes it interesting. What is interesting is what I gleaned from my family and what I have tried … Continue reading
Writing Prompt: Your first love and first kiss; if separate, discuss both My first kiss: The sun was shining through the branches and leaves. His face was luminous and shadowy at the same time. Our faces were already close. The makeshift … Continue reading
Inside Out I know. This is a Wednesday, but when I started writing about Inside Out last Friday, I realized this movie was a post I needed to write about, not for writing practice, but to explore why it impacted … Continue reading