Order Uncommon Core here
No upcoming events
- Follow Pauline Hawkins on WordPress.com
- July Discussion: If you were calling the shots how would you change ongoing professional development for teachers in your community?
- Dennis McCarthy on All In with Pauline Hawkins
- Choose to be Teachers and Students
- May Discussion with Global Teacher Bloggers: What do teachers most want to tell parents?
- The Top 12 Global Teacher Blogger Discussion: March 2017
Johanna M on Guest Blogger: The Sober … “Toxic Testing is Ta… on My Resignation Letter Ashlee Whittington on Animal Farm Lessons Felicia Thomas on “Volunteering” by… Pauline Hawkins on Animal Farm Lessons
Tag Archives: Personal Calling
How do we better engender a healthy, happy, and productive school environment where both teachers and students can flourish? In Martin E.P. Seligman’s Flourish (published April 5, 2011 with Simon and Schuster), he writes about the five elements people need in order … Continue reading
How can we maximize the value of art and music in education and how can it be blended with more traditional subjects (math, science, history, etc.)? I teach at a community college, and a professor there created an art therapy … Continue reading
Prompt: Something you miss I miss high school—not my teenage years but the years I spent teaching high school English. A few weeks ago, I went to the local high school with my son to see his friends play a 10-minute … Continue reading
One of my current college composition student wrote a personal narrative essay that beautifully illustrates one of my ideas to reform education ( ). This is what I proposed in that post: The Philanthropic Experience For those students who don’t … Continue reading